Avar Kimu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ULO

Go down

ULO Empty ULO

Post by Greycat Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:34 pm

ULO Drops

It all starts with two words, "Link Start!"
Scanning . . .
Complete.
Select game.
Ultimate Legends Online
Entering . . .
Please make your race.

The year 2025, The world seed was the start of all the MMOs alfter the events of SAO and ALO, Threw this came a game know as Ultimate Legends Online, the hottest stuff on the block selling out all its hard copys in under an hour of opening en 3 months since ULO went live and now its your turn to join the fun.

///IMPORTANT INFO///

GIVE YOURSELF 20,000 GOLD AS A STARTING AMMOUNT.
80,000 if you have the wealthy feat.

You can take 10,000 and take 2 free PP.

///IMPORTANT INFO///

OOC:
PL: 4
PP: 60

Weapons will be devices in this

Powers require a verbal activator drawback

Immunitys aren't spells thus dosen't need verbal activation unless projected onto someone else

Free telepathy stated as:

Quick question on the 'weapons as devices': why?
Cus its how to get Weapons with special stats
Not all weapons have special stats :p
but some do

Q&A:

Do we haveQuick question on the 'weapons as devices': why?
Cus its how to get Weapons with special stats
Not all weapons have special stats :p

but some do videogame type inventory?
yes

How big?
5x PL worth of item slots, items slots work like you'd expect, one item takes one slot, there are exeptions such as mundane items (ores, raw food, arrows, ect) stack up to 20 before a new slot must be taken and weapons/armor takeing up 2 slots though they take no room if equiped and instead take up ether your armor slot or your left/right hands (two handed weapons require two hands to use so no shield for you.)
(aawwww...)
(just plaster the shield to your torso and blam you have a shield x3)
(XD)

What appears on the hud? if there is one?
A status bar (this siginals if you are paralized, poisoned, on fire, cold, hot, hungry, thirsty) and a notification panel (this gives you quick information about local happenings, this also shows you party invitations, combat and events.)

Sunderwave [Aica]: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=563775
Nightshade [Grey]: http://freepdfhosting.com/4bdaa8aa62.pdf
Nihiliskae [Nix]: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=569910
WitchyWolf [Yellow]: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=564662
Trouble [Yellow:Fam]: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=564702
Lark [Fen]: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=566356
Kazelynn [Blanda]: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=571127
Greycat
Greycat
Dark Emperor

https://avarkimu.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

ULO Empty Re: ULO

Post by Greycat Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:35 pm

==========================IC=======================

The first few hours inside ULO were more stunning than the box art, sweet smells of bakeing bread and freshly cut grass a slight hint of morning dew scattered across the meddows outside Rivingor (a level 1 city considred a hub for players) the shear diversity of the city folk was unbeleaveable, a clan of Mermaid performers sung sweet melodys in the pond giving everyone who could hear it a slight regen buff, a great welcome for weary adventuers.
The city center was a fresh area in the middle of the city bussleing with adventures and shoppers, a church is the center piece, rainbow pillers strech up the corners of the building spireling with colors.
(everyone starts in the city center)

Sunderwave looked over the city center from the bell tower of the church.

WitchyWolf spawned into the world and looked around. Not long after, Trouble the Fox joined her. She had chosen her form well. A large-breasted anthro wolf woman, despite being a male back in the real world... Still, lots of guys did stuff like this so it didn't really matter. She swished her tail back and forth as she stroked her pet fox behind the ears. "Hey there, Trouble. How are ya doin?"

Trouble simpley barked happaly at her master.

"That's good," Witchy said and stood up, heading to see if there was anything to do or anyone to talk to.

There was a group of people gathered around a man in thick black armor fighting an elven woman, from the way it was set up it seems like the elven woman was some form of champion or guild master earning some cash.
A man is sat on his own in what looks like a cafe with some other people comforting him.
[roll notice]Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3+7=10
The man at the restarant called Buta il Drema was crying or in deep distress from what you could make out.
threw the crowded battle you could make out the glint of a crown on the elven woman, gold with blue gem stones, people yelling for betters to get in on the action and from the looks of it the battle is a equal match, ether that or it just started.

Nightshade had already been online going through what was one of his regular activitives. Trying to get support for the Night Guild. True, it wasn't an actual guild yet... and the goddess Lune didn't have enough supporters to move up a teir, but he was working on it! Those born moon touched weren't rare. Okay, they were rare, far from common, but they weren't unknown. What was rare was being both Moon Blessed and a full teired High Mage.

Okay, okay, he wasn't a high mage either, but he was born with fullblood mana. Either way, there were enough Moon Touched that whispers were stirring that their patron needed true representation among the other High Existences. How could their tribes have full showing if a moon cleric was a joke? So pestering people with the knowledge of Lune it was. In a city like this one, filled with young and less skilled individuals, it was a good one for planting seeds.

They didn't need to becoming a believe in the Princess, even simple awknowledgement helped. As he walked from his latest visiation, he spotted a commotion. Duels and challenges weren't that uncommon,
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9 +4=13
//notice roll i assume?
Nightshade notised a large group of people huddled around a fight bitween a warrior and a assasin one elf and the other a rino man in a thick black sute of armor, a female wolf anthro called Witchywolf with a fox named Trouble walking towards a man crying, and behind her was the grand church of Rivingor.

Witchy, always wanting to cheer people up, headed over to the man. "Hey..." She said softly. "Anything I can do to help?"

"C-can you resurect the dead" Eldrichmask332 (gamer *cough* i mean names here sure are funny) softly sobbed, he had feline features but wasnt a cat man.

"Not yet," She said honestly, placing her hand on his shoulder. "But I'm sure I can do it later. What happened though? If you want to tell me."

"Only if your sure you want to hear" The guy asked "Me and my party fled from a goblin army, little did we know they- they." the guy busted into tears.

Witchy nodded. "It's all righty. You don't have to go on." She said, her ears drooping.

The man was clearly distraut from the experience, the daggers on his belt were stained with goblin blood.

"Um... this a bad time?" Night asked as he came up. Mostly for Witchy. He was friends with her from... actually, to be honest, he wasn't quite clear on how they met... Weird. Anyway, the fact that she was patroned by an obscure near-divine as well had interested him.

The man was still crying but he was getting calmer "N-no its fine i-if you want to take a seat i-i think i'm ready to tell you."

Sunder jumped off the tower and slid down the roof landing softly on the floor.
Aiahie the fishie rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16+6=22 [acrobatics]
//Warning badass inbound Warning//

Witchy looked up to Nightshade and shook her head. "No, not a bad time at all." She said and looked back to the man. "Go on, dear."

Sunderwave approached the table "I over heard your conversation, mind if i join in?"

"H-hu, sure i guess" the guy coughed and began the story "Me and my party were exploring the forest following a map that some shady old man gave us, but we were ambushed by gobins" the guy pulled out his dagger and laid it on the table "as you can see i managed to kill some of them but there was far too many of them so we ran, but we ran straight into a trap, i managed to escape but my party couldnt get away in time" Tears started to flow again "They were all killed, slaughtered like Lambs."

Witchy nodded sadly, patting his shoulder. "I wish I could do something to help..." She said, her ears still drooping.

"Where was this army?" Sunder asked.

"Deep in the forest, i didnt take the time to note it down" Edrich sniffed "What are you planning?"

"Well these guys are clearly dicks, someone needs to tell them that slaughtering humans is wrong, and if they fight back... well lets hope it doesn't come to that."

"We could also investigate the person that gave you the map." Witchy offered.

"Slaughtering people in general," Nighty commented blandly. "But chasing after them won't help anything. Maybe we can see if there is some way to revive his friends." Night licked his lips. "Perhaps a ritual to Princess Lune?"

"Well if we go chase them down we can stop other partys from being caught off guard, and what if its an invasion force for the city? this close to the capital they could be planing to take over" Sunder grabbed his head "Your right, if we go out there we'll fall victim to the same fate their poor souls met, Princess Lune tell me about her?"
//maybe have him ask who Princess Lune is.
//done and done :3 thanks for that by the way
//No worries. It's hard sometimes to split GM and PC limitations
//yeah...

Night blushed, but cleared his throat. "Well... Princess Lune is the Lady of the Night, Patron of the Moon Touched and Moon Blessed."

"Interesting, im sorry but im with Nepush" Sunder looked to the sky "Anyway can Lune resusrect the dead? and if she can i hope it'll be more humane than nechromancy."

"Healing is one of the common benefits of moonlight," Night said reassuringly. "Even life, though people commonly only assosiate the night with death. Which it's not!" He ammended quickly. "I... personally haven't done that much progress in the higher end healing magic, but I might be able to find or devise a ritual... under a full moon maybe..."

"If it helps, I can contribute my own white magic." Witchy offered.

"Happy day" Edrich jumped with joy clapping drawing the attention of everyone in the local area then sitting back down in imbaracement.

Previously examining the contents of her cup as though wondering what exactly she just drank, Kazelynn's attention was invariably drawn to the source of noise behind her across the cafe, giving a narrow, curious glance at the gathering.
What exactly earned that kind of attention? Kazelynn wondered how much she cared, but figured she didn't have a whole lot else to do at the moment, so she kept an eye on them out of idle interest.

"Um... Don't mean to sound crass, but..." Night started, but he stopped and looked at Witchy. "Um... well..."

"White magic isnt used for resurecting the dead?" Sunder asked.

"No, not that," Night said, waving his hands quickly. "Well, it's just that resurrections are possible, but get harder the longer the, um, victim passed, and uses a lot of magic..."

"How long ago were they killed?" Sunder asked the catman.

"Roughly... 2 hours" he pulled out a large bag of gold and split it between 3 "Take my money, honestly id prefer to have my friends back than carry this around" the tears began again but this time tears of joy and hope.

"No, you keep your money, i hardly even did anything and without magical knowlage i doubt i can do anything, save it to hire some mercinarys to find the goblins that killed your friends and avenge them" Sunder passed his share back.

"It's going to take a few hours to work out a ritual.." Nighty ran a hand through his hair. No, he didn't give back his share. Say what you like, but this was a fairly heafty project to undertake. "Would work best at night for my magic... What about you Witchy? And do you have anything of their's?"

Kazelynn could hear part of the convisation and could see the glint of money on the table.

Kazelynn's eyes got stuck the next time her gaze travelled that way, staring pretty hard at the money with a hint of incredulity. Whatever was happening was apparently heavy stuff, and it got her wondering whether or not to intervene.
Money like that could certainly speed her on her way...

"My magic can work any time, but it's more for healing the living already. Though I can work pretty much any time. I just need this girl here with me." Witchy said, petting Trouble again.

"Okay then," Nighty nodded. "Witchy, you find out more about them for me. You can contact me when you find it. I'll head to the library and see what research I can put it."

"The library is on the top floor of the church" Sunder pointed to the roof"
//wait wait... I thought we were at a cafe... when did we get to a church? 0.o
//and you blame me for not looking over the page...
//And the church has the library or the arcane? Curious. Likely a church of a god of magic...
//lune is a god no? and its more a comunity building primarly a church
//I didn't say he was going to the library of Lune. He's going to the library of the town to use their resources as he tries to work out a spell.
//like i said: its more a comunity building primarly a church
//this is common knowlage for the players- uh i mean people of this city
//It could be like MLP :p 'player' is just considered another name for people.
//maybe...

Witchy nodded and headed into town to start looking for the items to get and to use for the ritual. She would also go find the person that gave Eldrich's group that map too.
Knowledge Local: Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13+1=14
Witchy knew there was an old market in town today, she recalls a voice telling her "5th stool on the left, 7th stool alfter that and down the allyway in bitween."

Sunder followed Witchy "So what are we looking for?"

"First off, we need to find some stuff for the ritual. Now... As for what that would be..." She mused and stroked her chin, trying to recall what would be needed for such a thing. "Ah, yes. Chalk, some bones or flesh of the deceased, a dagger, and a living subject... Least, that's what I can recall. Though we can also find the person that gave Eldrich the bogus map."
Knowledge Arcana: Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18+4=22
From your breef lesson in nechromancy the first ingredience is chalk, the bones/flesh of the deceaced, blood of any kind, a liveing subject to act as a conduet for the soul and the fur/scales/skin type of the same race as the deceaced, the rest of the ingredience is a blur.

"Wait, didnt that guy tell us to wait with the guy and get more infomation?" Sunder stoped in his tracks and looked at the wolf.

"Ah yeah... good point. All right. Better get back then." She said and headed back to Eldrich's side. "Sorry about that. Bit of a brain fart. Sometimes I'm alittle scatterbrained." She chuckled. "Anyways, what were your friends like? If you don't mind me asking.

"I was following her" Sunder explaned "So tell me more about your friends?"

"Its ok" Edrich pulled out a map "This is the map we were following, our party leader was a warrior called Merphytron she was a strong orc lady, both in voice and in power, she could rally an army better than anyone in history" he then pulled out a ranbow coloured scale "Our bard was one of the mermaids that sing the song you here right now, they dont know yet" The next item was a health potion "I dont have anything from our healer so i guess this will have to do as a symbol, he was human not much else to say, he kept to himself we only just hired him cus our old healer was captured by the Blood Brude clan, no doubt you've heard of them" next came an arrow still glowing with radiant heat "Lastly is our archer, lizzard fairly stealthy, though it wasnt enough to save him from those bastereds!"

Witchy nodded. "Interesting... I usually don't hear of orcs being leaders among mixed race parties. But I suppose to each their own. Do you have anything of hers?"

"Uhh..." He patted his pockets and checked his backpack, alfter awhile he pulled out a finger with a gold and ruby ring on it "This was flung out while the goblins piled onto her."

Nihiliskae appeared silently, without much fanfare, just kinda 'poofing up' there. Just staring and listening.

Nihiliskae was in the middle of a thick crowd of people all cheering one of 2 names, Lillith and Megaton.

Well this is interesting a little. Nihiliskae tried to get a better view through the crowd, wondering what the hell is all of that about.
//roll notise :3
//Buuh, I still haven't done my charsheet and skills D:
//then dooooooo eeeeeet

Witchy nodded and put the severed finger and ring out of sight into a small pouch she had. "Still, this should be good. I'll need to talk with Nightshade to see what we need and not. I'm glad we can help though." She said cheerfully.
//you can call Nightshade on a telepathic call

Lark eventually 'poof's in and looks around. It didn't take long for her to get a sense of deja vu and she holds her head with one hand, "ugh... what?" Okay, she knows she lives here, she knows she works at the cafe and is damn good at that job, yet the more she recalls 'her' memory, the more persistant her headache became... meh, I'm sure she's fine. She thinks so too as she shakes it off and looks around the town.

Lark soon bumped into a large gathering of people all yelling as an elven woman placed a dagger to a rino anthro's neck before swiftly sheathing the weapon and helping the guy up, the crowd calmed down, some walked away ether sad or angry while others practicaly leeped at a squid guy handing out gold to the winners of the betting.

"You battled well Erison, but i have taken victory today." The elven woman handed Erison his helmet then masked herself in shadows never to be seen again.

"Crazy bitch" Erison chuckled before looking around, after awhile his eyes beamed onto Lark "hay! come here!"

Witchy looked up at the two that were fighting, wondering what was happening then looked back to Eldrich. "Do you know what that was about?"

"That was a duel, a common practice, by the looks of the crowed that must be Erison Megaton guild master for the kings blade, duels anyone he sees looks like that poor girl is next in line" edrich pointed to lark "im surprised didnt know who he was, rino folk are uncommon around these parts, Erison being the only rino guild master, i didnt quite catch the other one though, my best guess is he's ether an assassin or a ninja, maybe a shadow mage, if your interested ask that squid guy, he'll know who the other guy was, the squid dude is called Venice Barron, me and him go way back, we use to go hunting in the Acholigne woods back when i lived in a cabin."

Lark blinks a couple times before approaching him, "Yes?"

"You look strong, wanna duel? you'll get 500,000g if you win" the rino grunted "if you win" he snarked.

Thats... a lot of cash... She could use that to upgrade her gear and still have a lot left over and she isn't exactly losing anything if she lost... eh, why the heck not? "Sure, why not?"

"Then draw your weapon" The guy drew his great sword, it glowed with an aura (roll knowlage local if your interested) and pointed it at Lark.

Lark giggles before putting her hands in her pockets, "Big enough?" She pulls her hands out of her pockets, only now they were wearing fancy looking gauntlets, which with a thought projected a shield on the left one.

"Where is you weapon little lady?" The cocky Rhino chuckled, "no matter."

"You'll see~" Lark replied in her cute little voice.

"Combat start" Advent announced (Advent is the god of battle, strong enough to cast vocal announcements about battle's) "May your battle be fair."

The titanic rhino planted itself in the ground and rawred at lark.
[Intimidating presence save]

Femix S4 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15+4=19
Lark isn't phased by the giant fool.

Lark smirks at this and runs towards the rhino, her left gauntlet glowing a green aura as she yells out her fury and punches Erison straight in the solar plexus
//...in hindsight I probably should use stun for that :-?
http://orokos.com/roll/331360 19+4=23 Improved Crit = Critical Hit.
(so... strike 9, penetrating 1 with Stun 4 attached to it.)

Aiaie the cute Merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20+5=25 pass
Aiaie the cute Merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15+5=20 pass
//*rage quits and mutters about Nanomachines* XD
//XD Totally like that boss.

Erison was barely moved by the punch but it left a mark, ether way he didn't seem bothered with it, he slams his sword down on top of lark. then he moved back slightly.
Aiaie the cute Merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10+3=13
Fenix rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20+4=24 pass

Lark gasps when the punch clearly left a mark but did absolutely nothing. She got no time to complain about this as her instincts, or something else, practically screamed at her to bring her shield up and the next thing she knew she barely deflected the Rhino's huge sword away from her and to the ground instead of through her. Well, this got more intense instead of short! She looks him over before bracing herself, her right gauntlet dissipating the aura around it as the shield glows a brighter blue, deciding to take a more cautious approach to this.
Switched to Deflect (move action). Ready action (standard. use unarmed attack after (hopefully) guarding against the next attack)

"Nice arm human." the Rhino complemented.
Suddenly the rhino leaped into the air (not that high) and slammed his fist into the ground.
[Groundstrike roll >:3]
Aiaie the cute Merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4+3=7
[DC7 trip]
Fenix rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12 pass

Lark blinked as the ground rumbled a tad under her... and then nothing else happened, "Wow, that's it? XD" She tries her best to stop laughing as the shield turns off, her gauntlets sparking with a bit of lightning and suddenly she was right in front of him as she throws another punch at him, hopefully with better results...or not, Clearly that extremely crappy thing he did threw off her aim and she giggles again, "Damn it! Why did you fail whatever you did so badly?!"
(its the same as the last attack btw, just a different fancy effect :p)
Fenix rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6 +4 = I was clearly distracted when I tried this.

"Dont make me angry girl" with that he jabbed his sword in the ground then flicked it up right under Larks core.
Aiaie the cute Merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16+3=19

Fenix rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1+4=5 fail
Hero point: 22 Pass

Okay... Lark got lucky that time; some way or another she moved out of the way just enough for her to deflect it off the surface of her right gauntlet, she wasn't sure if she got a cut from that or not but she needed to react, and fast. To that end she punches him in the face and brought her shield up again.
Fenix rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9+4=13 unarmed strike DC15+3=18
Deflect mode activated

Aiaie the cute Merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12+5=17 hit: one Bruised mark
Again the hit made a small mark in the Rhino's thick skin.

Aiaie the cute Merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2+3=5
Erison slashed the sword downwords but missed Lark.

((The battle turned from a battle of titans to a battle of idiots >.>))

Lark idly side steps the sword and moves with the spin, slamming the energy shield into his side with a yell and continues to hold her ground against him.
Fenix rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17+4=21. Attack DC 15+3=18
Deflect mode activated

Aieah the merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11+5=16 fail

Erison huffed with anger and slammed his hand into the ground again.
[ground slam]
Aieah the merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13+3=16
Femix S4 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13+3=16 pass

Lark barely avoids falling flat on her ass and tried to hit him again with no success, she quickly takes a step back, focusing on keeping her shield between him and her as she looks for the perfect time to hit him hard.
Attack Fenix rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6 fail
5-foot step backwards, Deflect mode online still.

"ENOUGH OF THIS" Erison yelled before pointing his horn at Lark, he paced the ground alittle.
[fearsome precence roll]
http://orokos.com/roll/331634 pass AGAIN!

"I AGREE!" She steps forward again and with a burst of energy her entire body glows yellow as she lets loose a series of strikes in a rapid fire fashion, getting a great hit in his solar plexus via a full force palm strike and she takes another step forward, yelling out her fury as she punches him as hard as she could in his gut, actually managing to send him into the air and a little bit away from her.
Switched to Attack Mode 1. Surge activated; two standard attacks. fatigued.
Fenix rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16= 20 (no knockback applied)
Fenix rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17 = 21 (full knockback applied)
Strike 4. Knockback 4.Penetrating 4. DC 19. Knockback power = strike 8

The Rhino flew into the air and landed hard on his face knocking him out.
Aieah the merman rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3

"Combat finished, Meadow Lark is the victor, congratulations"

A blue glow emerged from Erison, by instinct Lark wants to touch it.

Lark takes a moment to catch her breath, clearly a little tired after pulling that off, she soon proceeds to touch the blue glow that appeared once she caught her breath.

The blue glow morphed into the shape of a pair of boots that match Larks cute clothing, they glowed with a white aura. and 50,000 in gold.
[gained boots of haste speed 1 Acrobatics check required to turn when using them]
{lark gains one Hero point}

Lark was questioning the missing zero in the gold amount, but in a way she can't really complain since this is likely still a ton more then standard quests at this level, so she shrugs and accepts it. She'll likely ask him about it when he wakes up in case he did missed it, but so long as he isn't an ass about it she'll likely let it slide.

Sunder was sitting on a chair that he pulled near the fight he clapped for the girl "Well done little lady, he's be causing trouble all day, I'm sorry you didn't get the money you were promised" he stood up "Before you ask how i know what you were promised, i was tricked too."

Lark lets out a sigh at the news she was given and walks over to him, "Figures that half a mill was too good to be true... So you fought him too? How well did that go?"

"Hes a giant ass rhino and im a humble fish, it didn't end with my win sadly" he shuffled insecurely "Well done for proving my bet wrong by the way" Sunder handed lark 100 gold "thats my bet."

Lark giggles a bit at that, "Yeah, he is tough, you seen my first attack? That was right dead center into where his solar plexus should be and it did absolutely nothing, I'm just glad I was able to finish it when I did." She sits down next to him and stares at the gold before waving it off with a cute smile, "You don't have to, the money I did get is a lot already." She was waving through the menu system as she was speaking and the boots appeared on her feet a bit after she was done talking, they did go pretty well with her current outfit, which is great.

Witchy shifted her position slightly as the fight finished. "By the gods that was intense..." She said, looking at the two. "Opp, hang on. Gotta take this."

"Lark right? We're in a bit of a situation, me and my friend Witchy here along with a guy called Nightshade are forming a party, seems like you can handle yourself pretty well which is why im asking, would you like to join our party? we could do with someone capable in close range combat." Sunder opened the menu and nightshade, witchy wolf and meadow lark to a party.

Lark shrugs and does the downward motion to bring up the menu, for some reason though this caused a headache to hit her and she holds her head with one hand while looking at the invite, "Whats going on anyways? The situation you're in? ...Oh, don't worry about me, it usually happens when I bring this thing up, I'll be perfectly fine in a minute, always do." She wears a smile suggesting that she is used to it.

"We've been tasked to resurrect a man's party" Sunder pointed a webbed finger towards a man drinking a golden brew "That man to be exact, uh gods where are my manors, Im sunderwave, Gillman, weapon of choice is a bow" Sunder bowed.

"wow, really? Well of course I'll help then!" ignoring the lingering headache, Lark accepts the party invite, "Nice to meet ya Sunder, so where are the other two?"

"The other two... i actualy dont know, one of them went off to do some studdying the other one was right here a minute ago."

"Lovely... Any idea where they could've gone?" Lark asked.

"Not really, though theres not much point in standing here we can go to the scene of the crime so to say, i know where the black smith is if you want to grab some tools and weapons, and the Archanist is in the staff shop."

Lark rubs the back of her neck nervously at that, "honestly I'm not sure what I can buy that'd help me at the moment, unless there's an upgrade for the power source my gauntlets use in one of those stores."
//Because I'm rolling in the saves, have maxed armor (with my current equipment keeping me at max toughness for the next couple PLs) and no more pp to spend on stuffz x3

"Only place that might do some thing like that is the blacksmith" sunder shruged "i think we should go into the forest where the guy said they died, maybe we can find some clue as to where the goblins went."

"Works for me, lead the way." Lark cheerfully said to the tour guide, I mean Sunder.

Sunder lead lark to the west gate and into the woods where the man showed them on the map.

Lark follows the Sunderwave humming cheerfully.

"So... whats your background if you dont mind me asking" Sunder walked carefully as to not trip over himself.
"Change of plans we're heading back to the city, my other aquaintance is in trouble" Sunder got out a map to check his location relative to the city and began to walk in the direction of the city
Greycat
Greycat
Dark Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:37 pm

Nighty was becoming increasingly distressed as he worked. Not because he wasn't making progress. But because he was, and he could clearly see where it was going. It would take days. At the rate his research was progressing it would be three, maybe four days. Two if he forwent sleeping. That... wasn't acceptable.

He frustratedly shuffed a book back on the shelf.

"What has you out of sorts, dearie?" the elderly librarian asked.

"I..." Nighty sighed and explained his dilemma in a handful of words.

"Oh, I see. Quite a pickle," she agreed. She thoughtfully looked over the books and resources, even diagrams he had amassed. "You know... I recall an elderly man doing similar work a few months back.. think he was one of those Lune follower's too..."

Nighty froze, then turned slowly. "Would... would you happen to know anything more about this man?"
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18+1 Charisma. Info Mined!

Zeshard, Water Sage of Lune
Noncombatant mostly. Scholar more than religious, but still follows the teachings of Lune to an extent. Previously known for his work in spell creation and item crafting.

Nighty made a mental call, using that common magic even the non-casters had, to reach out to Witchy. {Yeah Witchy, are you there?}

Hello? You are calling the Witchy wolf. This you, Nighty? What's up?

{In the magically projected acoustics,} Nighty confirmed, leaning against the wall in an out of the way spot. {I have good news, bad news, goodish news, more goodish news and finally, badish news.}

All right, what's the bad news? Witchy asked. then Badish, then goodish, goodish, and good.

Nighty took a moment to itemize the list and grinned. {In order requested... It's gonna take at least a few days to work it out on my own. He likely won't just give it to us. I know the general area were he lives. I got a lead on someone that can help. And I've made progress on making a ritual.}

That's good. I suppose I could work my feminine wiles on him. See what comes out. Witchy mused, rubbing her chin. And if you need help with some stuff, I was able to get some stuff from the... departed along with info on them. As for days, should be fine. I'm just happy to help to be honest.

{Witchy... reviving someone tends to have a time limit of minutes,} Nighty sighed, covering his face with a hand. {Trying to extend that to hours looks like it will take half a day of research, pushing it to days will added even more time to the research, and make the revival less likely. Hence why I think finding this guy is a better idea. I heard he apparently did the same research I'm trying to pull together.}

Then what are you talking to me for? Get on it! Witchy replied. Need me to come with you? I can get over there soon.

{His place is in the Ironwood Forest. You think you can manage a potentially dangerous run like that?} Nighty half asked, half teased.

Think we'll need a group? Sit tight, I'll come over to ya. Unless you need anything else from me here? Witchy asked, her tail wagging back and forth. Ummm... Which way did you go, by the way?

{You... you're not getting the 'time sensitive' part of trying to bring the dead back to true life, are you?} Nighty commented slowly. {Particularly since we apparently don't even have bodies to work with?}

Oh shut up... Witchy grumbled. What do we do then?

{This Zeshard guy doesn't live too deep in the Ironwood Forest, so encounters are less likely. And the beasts that roam the outskirts aren't often that strong.} Nighty was packing up his things. {We just need to talk to him and see what he wants for the aid. Lune Adherent to Lune Adherent.}

So... I stay here, you play white mage? Witchy asked for clarification. Sorry, I can be a bit dense at times.

{We. We. The definition hasn't changed!} Nighty's groan translated well. {Get your bushy tail to the west gate already! Actually... where are you?}

Center of town. been talking to Eldrich mostly. getting as much information that I could, some other things. I've got them with me. Heading there now! Ummm... Rises in the east, sets... that way! Witchy said and began heading off.

{Augh... this is what I have to deal with...} Nighty grumbled. He gathered his magic and vanished from the steeps of the library the moment he cleared it's doors with a muttered incantation. "Mei campe aura..."

hey, I don't do navigation. that's what I have you for. And to use as a punching bag sometimes. Witchy said, smirking to herself.

Nighty reappeared at the west gate and uqickly got his bearings as he waited. {Considering the gap in our win-lose record is skewed heavily in my favour, that 'sometimes' is more like when mundane pigs fly under their own power.}

Shut up, Witchy said, and pouted. He was right... Sadly. Still, she could always punch him in the shoulder or something. Maybe the face if he annoyed her. Oh hey, there you are. "Kitten!" She called, waving to him.

It had taken a bit of high-speed zigzagging, but Kazelynn had somewhat kept track of this bizarre group from a distance, still not sure what to make of them.
She'd heard something about resurrection, and while she didn't know much about that, she kind of imagined it would be slightly different from what she was seeing. And perhaps done by more important or official-looking people.
Random people attempting something rather high echelon, and a lot of gold involved...
Kazelynn just sighed and partially leaned on one of the merlons of the wall and watched the two from above.

"On to the forest of mystery?" Nighty asked.

"Let's," Witchy replied, holding out her arm for Nighty to take.

Nighty took her hand an [TRAVEL MONTAGE! HUZZAH! YEAH! WOOT-WOOT-WOOT]
[*FLASH* Things! *FLASH* People *FLASH* Travel!]

"And here's the forest," Nighty commented as contemplated the primary path in. "Man, it was tedious getting here, wasn't it?"

"Yeah," Witchy said, massaging her paws. "Think I should file some sort of discrimination suit for the lack of digitgrade shoes?"

"Considering no one told you not to make themselves? No," Nighty teased. "'Sides. I did see some before."

"Oh?" Witchy asked. "Where? Because I definatly need them."

[Because I can't bother wax poet]
The walked through the forests for a while before that useful 'You're under attack' thingy happened and lo! Wolves leaped out to menance them in a wolf like fashion! Four of them with teeth and fur and raised hackles and other such wolf features. But wait! The forest was running a special! Get three or more Pack Wolves, and we toss in one Pack Alpha for free!

He menanced behind the line of his minions, cause he was a boss like that. And he looked it. Half again as big, maybe coming up above the5 waist and over all looking more threatening, what with his bigger fangs and his posse and all. Totally gangster. Just give him an offset cap and some shades and gold chains....

Mind you, I'm not sure where a wolf would get those in a forest, but weirder things have happened. I once found a forzen gem in a desert. Seriously. In a desert. I mean, they wanted to say it was a desert cause the gem stole all the cold, but still... Right right... Professional Narrating. *ahem*

Wolf Pack VS Spelllad and Non-combattant Witch! Round one! Fight! *goes to get popcorn*
Right, roll init and stuff.

Wolf Alpha [12]
NCW Witchywolf [11]
Spell-Lad Nighty [9]
Wolf Pack memebers [8]
Kazelynn [7]

WA struck a pose and snarled quick impressively. Rawr. It was adorable.
WA rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5+1 DC vs Shaken
Nighty rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5+4
Witchy: FemYellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1+5=6

Witchy was unimpressed. Instead, she whispered some arcane words and patted Nighty on the back, making him larger. "Good luck!" She said and winked. "I'll be right behind you, honey."
Witchy used: White Magic array, Enlarge person on Nighty. Growth 2 is applied.

"You know this doesn't really help me, right?" Nighty sighed as he started casting, motes of magic forming around him, the glow taking the form of a dense cluster of white flakes and icy fragments.

"Illa Telum Imber Gelus!" he snapped as the directed the icy projectiles at the wolves. He wasn't able to hit all five of them, but he did hit the three clustered together.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13+4 DC 18
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5+2 = 7 Fail

They yipped and went down. That left one that hesitated, and looked back at his boss. [action: refocus]

The boss and the wolf rushed Nighty at the same time. THey got a good shot in.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20 3:52 PM
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9+3 12
DC: 16+5
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2+2+1= 5 Unconscious and Dying

Witchy gasped in horror as the wolves piled on to Nighty. "NO!" She yelled and rushed forward to his side, praying that this would work. "Cure Light Wounds!" She yelled, hoping that the noise would distract the wolves from their target and onto her.
Witchy used: Cure Light Wounds. Healing 3
Nighty rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15+0+3 Unconscious. Not dying though. Still could used another zap to wake up.

There was little time to think, so Kazelynn decided to dive in and figure things out later, her boots tearing up the dirt as she charged in, drawing a katana from thin air moments before she brought it to bear on the Alpha.
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19 +4=23
DC: 19
Alpha Dog (and oh oh omegalomaniac) rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15+3 Injured

The alpha barked sharply as it was struck. With a grow it lauched another coordinated attack, this time on the interlooper. The Alpha and his remaining pack mate chomped hard on a leg.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12+3
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20+3 Minion, can't crit
DC: 16 Toughness
blazinvire braces for impact 10:58 PM
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11 10:58 PM
blazinvire: 15 x.x

"Cure Light wounds!" Witchy cried again, thankful for the help that had come in from out of nowhere. Tears were in her eyes as she channeled her magic once again. "Trouble! Help me out here!" She said, easily spotting her fox which had taken cover, for the time being, behind a tree, going on the defencive.
Witchy cast: Cure Light Wounds. Healing 3 on Nighty.
Hero Point Used. Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2+10+3
//#Drama #ChatzySucks

Trouble nodded at her mistress' command and darted forward. She quickly spotted the weakest of the bunch, just the one pack member and lept.
Attack: Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9+1 Miss

Nighty woke with a jolt. "What happened?" [freeaction]

"Kinda getting mauled by bad puppies, Nothing out of the ordinary," Witchy said, her voice relieved, but also sarcastic at the same time. Recastic if you will.

"Illa Pars Nox set Witchy et Mei!" Nighty quickly incanted. Shadows surged and darkness spread outward from him, though an almost imperceptable thin ring pulsed around Witchy's brow the moment it did. "Can't you bind them?"
[Casted: Total Obscure, selective excluding Witchy.]

"I.. Maybe? It's Hold Person, not Hold Monster. Here's hoping it's not that specific!" Witchy replied, honestly not sure.

"What the...?" was the first words out of Kazelynn's mouth as her vision blacked out shortly after the prone one had incanted.
"How exactly is darkness going to stop a wolf from smelling or hearing you!?" Kazelynn hissed angrily, tightening her grip a little in frustration at the loss of her vision.
But she took a quick breath and focused, moving her sword to her side in the draw position.
She wasn't going to retreat yet, she might not be able to see anything but the wolves would, and she would use that. She wasn't all that keen on being hit again, but her options were limited right now.
[Ready Action: Hit the first thing that hits her]

"Cause it can't see me! Who are you?" Nighty asked.

The wolf alpha growled at his aid and they pulled back slightly, trying to figure out what to do with the turn of events.
[Action: full defense]

"Only one way to find out, huh?" Witchy said and channeled some of her dark magic this time. "Hold Person!" She cried... Only for the spell to fizzle out. At first, she stood, looking at her hand horrified and put some addional energy into it. This HAD to work, dammit!
Witchy used: Black Magic Array, Hold person. Paralyze 2, extended range 2.
Melee attack: Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18+1=19 DC 12
//the +10 is only if the reroll is below ten
Alpha rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10 Slowed

"Well I can tell you I'm not an angry wolf trying to maul you," Kazelynn responded tartly to Night's question.

"Well, I can see that now! I just got healed, so forgive me for missing a few things," Nighty said, climbing to his feet [move] and casting his protection magics. "Mei: Armatus!"
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11 +5 no instant up
Cast: Mage Armour [toughness save, defense to +4][0rnd]

[blandy is like candy]

"Unfortunately I can't see anything," Kazelynn returned, holding her stance. It probably wouldn't do to swing blindly and accidentally hit one of the ones she was protecting, so she was sort of stuck at this point.
[Still Ready]

The pack leader struggled against the restainsts that held him and they shattered
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14 Will to break.

The packmate rushed to where it thought Kaze was and snap sharpy, but only bit air.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20 2:14 AM
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1

With the alpha slowed and hopefully easier to hit, Witchy reached out, placing her hand on it "Steal breath!" She called.
Witchy used: Black magic array: Steal breath. Suffocate 2
attack: Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5+1=6 miss, and now Witchy is in range of both mean wolves... despite having a ranged attack spell...

"Dammit Witchy..." Nighty swore to himself as the least armoured person around walked right up to the wolf that almost killed him. He redid a few mental plans. "Short girl! There's one of them to your right!" I really need to learn how to mod this spell post-casting... "Witchy! I'm swapping places with you!"

"Mei: Campe Aura: Tui!" Nighty snapped, the glow of the teleport building around himself and Witchy as the castling tactic started. Please don't resist, please don't resist....
[Cast: Teleport, intending to swap locations with Witchy, besides the wolves to about thirty feet back at the edge of the darkfield]

As much as she didn't like being guided in the dark by a stranger, Kazelynn just went with it; if she hit the wrong thing then it wasn't really her problem. It was an almost lazy swipe at the air, as she wasn't particularly happy right now.
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3+4=Swish

The alpha snapped at the sudden movement and scent change, but only caught air. He snarled and backed away. This darkness was not his friend.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10+3 2:38 AM

The packmate snapped at the swish and managed to hit flesh!
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11+3 2:38 AM
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20 Hit despite darkness!
DC 16 toughness
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3+4=7 Stunned, bruised, injured.

Witchy breathed a sigh of relief when the teleport poofed her back where she had started, pretty much. That always scared her. The chance of something going wrong. Still, she could feel her limbs, all five of them, head, no holes inside. Good to go. "Snowball!" She yelled, blasting an icy projectile at the smaller of the two.
Witchy used: Black magic array, Snowball. Blast 4
Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9+1 Whiff!

Nighty took to the air again, motes of light gathering around him. "Illa! Telum Imber Fulgar!" Nighty fell back to his favoured element as he mentally traced out the target range, spanning the packmember to the alpha, tossing his hand and his projectiles out, their glow flashing through the dark for a fleeting moment. [3rnd]
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11+4 15, DC 18
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15+3 Safe
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19+2 Safe.....

Which did nothing to the wolves. "You have got to me kidding me!"

[Kaze can do it!]
Kazelynn growled through gritted teeth when the wolf's teeth hit the mark, one hand grabbing at her leg as she staggered backwards a little.
"IS THE DARKNESS NECESSARY!?" Kazelynn yelled in frustration.
[Unfortunately Kazelynn is stunned, thus she can't do squat][Not even the squats?]

"It was a good idea at the time!" Nighty said reluctantly.

The alpha was still defensive. [ready action bite]

The packmate lashed oout at the tasty yelling woman meat
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1 2:54 AM
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
He missed.

"Come on, this has to work eventually, right!?" Witchy snarled to no one in particular. "Snowball! Again..." She muttered, sending another burst of icy cold at the smaller wolf.
Witchy used: Black magic array, Snowball. Blast 4
Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16+1=17-4 Shooting into Melee, miss

Nighty muttered under his breath as he hovered, "Nos: Tenuit ventus eurus, anima spiritus..." As he spoke, the darkness faded away splotchily, revealing the Alpha as the last wolf standing. And his packmate that could finally see the delicious woman meat.

[Kaze is gonna wreck some horseapples]
Her pupils fluctuated a little with the light change but there was only relief in Kazelynn's form when she could finally see the mutt that took a piece.
With aloof disdain she swiped her sword upward with one hand like she was swatting a fly.
[Taking Ten coz it's a Minion: 14] DC: 19
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13+1 Down

(witchy would start casting Hold Person spells on the alpha)
//no she won't. Hold Person is only 15ft. She's 30plus.
[Snowball Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7 miss
//It had a snowball's chance...

"Tag team or do you want to take him, short girl?" Nighty asked as he gathered magic. [free action]

"I don't care," Kazelynn said a little abruptly, not in the best of moods considering the turn of events.

"Then coming at you," Nighty flapped, curving around the battlefield, his sword at the ready, to hit at the wolf from behind, magic already swirling invisibly around the blade. As he thrust, he sharpy yelled. "PIKE!"
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17+4, DC 19
Alpha rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6+3 Staggered, disabled, hurling towards Kaze

Going with the rhythm, there was mere moments after the Alpha was struck before Kazelynn was already dashing to meet it, twirling her sword and slashing across as she slid to a halt.
/you don't even need to roll, to be honest.
//it's probably already dead from impact from being sent flying >.>
//nah, it could make it's save without dying, so the final blow is still needed.

The wolf was cleaved... asunder by Kaze's follow up, and it's life tribute was a red mist that trailed her form before the two halves hit the ground with a meaty thud.

Nighty applauded.

Kazelynn not-so-discretely looked behind her to examine her handiwork on the finishing touch, smiling a little at the awesome but quickly remembering she was grumpy.
She stood up properly and twirled the blood off her sword unnecessarily, as she then sheathed the blade back into the air where it disappeared.
"I'm Kazelynn. I figured you might be interested in hiring an extra sword," Kazelynn introduced officially.

"Thanks, I'm not sure what would have happened if you didn't lend your steel. And," Nighty had walked over and threw a weary look at Witchy, "My friend has her off days. Nightshade, but you can call me Nighty. Nice to meet you."

"Hey," Witchy said, punching Nighty lightly in the arm. "Shut up." She turned to Kaze. "Seriously though, thanks. I'm not sure we would have made it if not for you."

A green light blinked on Wolfie's Menu, its a party request from Sunderwave.

"Probably best we didn't dwell on it," Kazelynn said with a small shrug, "It would be terribly ironic if you died on a quest to resurrect someone."

"Yes, it would," Nighty became guarded. True, the discussion hadn't necessarily been in anything near privacy, but still. "And I take it you followed us out of curiosity?"

"Suspicion," Kazelynn corrected, before glancing off to the side, "Though, my suspicions have been... laid to rest..."
The way she said it made it sound like she was being far more polite than she could have been, and she knew it.

Nighty sighed. "I suppose it's not fair to be moody after you helped like you did. I did thank you for that, right?"

"You did," Kazelynn said with sigh, waving him off before paying some attention to the bite marks on her leg, dusting off the wounds, "I can't say I know much about resurrection, can the two of you really bring back the dead?"

"In theory? Yes." Nighty scratched at his check. "It's possible. It's complex. It might not work. I'm looking for a man that should have worked out the process before so there's that." He glanced at her. "Did you get hurt in the fight?"

"Resurrection..." Kazelynn said distantly, folding her arms in thought, "It just seems so... I don't know..."
She snapped back.
"I'll be fine. Unless we're diving straight into another fight," Kazelynn assured.

"We didn't dive into this one," Nighty commented blandly. Really. They had just been walking and wolf out of nowhere. "We aren't trying to totally go against the laws. From what I read, it's restoring the body, and basically shining a beacon to lead the person back to it. Which is why time is important."

"So... we're limited on time..." Kazelynn said, cocking her head to one side.

"Possibly. More power can help, but there is also the fact that using more magic tends to push the 'forced return' issue and make it closer to binding a soul than I want anything to do with," Nighty sighed. Resurrections were dicy subjects. "So, in that light, shall we keep moving?"

Kazelynn nodded and gestured to Night to lead the way.

{We got moneys!}
{Witchy/Nighty: 800 currency, 1HP, 2PP}
{Kaze: 500 currency, 1HP, 2PP}

{roll 2 d100 if the first is more than the second then you pass the luck check}
{if both = 95 to 100 this acts as a crit and you'll get rarer loot}
{Nighty passes: 99 and 40}
{Witchy fails: 63 and 67}
{kaze fails: 50 and 93}

A purple glow shines from the mouth of the alpha wolf though it only appears for Nightshade, it becons to be touched.

Nighty, noticing the glow, and know how things worked, checked out the wolf head.

The glow manifested into a ring, it pulsed in the light of the sun.
Nighty gained a ring: [rank 1 device Light controle 3 area dazzle, focused dazzle]

Nighty slipped the ring on his finger before they started off again. Nighty thought about his spells some more, and about how he could better use them in a situation like this. His list was pretty decent, but there were still a few... gaps. The divide between melee and spell slinging was to wide. He needed more options to bridge it.

HIs fist clenched, magic sparking around it. Actually... that gave him an idea... if he could put one of his melee spells in with his ranged spell...

"Hey, how do you feel about wind and lightning?"

Witchy bit the inside of her lip as Nighty got the ring. Being part wolf herself, it made her a little queasy. "Go for it. As for me, I know I need to put some more energy into ranged attacks."

The newly formed trio, bonded over slain wolves, continued their trek, chatting and doing other such friendly stuff. Anyway, they travelled, following the information Nightshade had acquired. All was going well until the rule of 'I'm bored' and 'random encounters' shuffled some bushes.

Roll notice
Nighty rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18+7

"Guys, shut up." Witchy said suddenly. "I hear something. The bushes."

It took a moment to realize what was happening, but it wasn't every day a tree hauled itself out of the forest and moved to block a path with a grown of wood and earth. A hulking figure with three thick branches that might as well have been trunks themselves for arms and it's roots gathered into four 'legs' formed from mass of roots and earth. No eyes seemed to lurk on it's form, neither on the trunk or amidst the sparsely leaved branches and small red and yellow spotted fruit that spawned from it's top end, but it seemed well enough aware of them.
Trent rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10 init

DJ TRENT vs Night Wind and Hound, the latest pop sensation!
FIGHT!
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19+5
Trent rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10 init
Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5 -4=1
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12+2=14

"A trent? Why is there a forest guardian here?" Nighty demanded, drawing his sword. "This is stupid. You're stupid!"

He aimed his jab at the sixteen foot tall nature spirit as he called his magic, beams of moonlight weaving over his armour, adding accents and subtly making his form more imposing. "Mei: Armatus."
[Actions: draw weapon, cast Mage Armour, Quip]

[Kaze]
"What are you even...?" Kazelynn didn't really have words, looking at Nighty with a slightly perplexed expression as she got into position. Her sword sprouted out of the air again with less fanfare due to the suddenness of he engagement, but she still twirled it into a reversed grip as she sized up her opponent.
She wasn't so sure a sword would do much to a tree...

"Guess I'll run distraction or something?" Kazelynn said airily before charging in around the side, throwing a massive overhead slash, arcing her body to one side to maximize the wind-up.
The trunk wasn't the best target for a sword, but the roots...
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7 +0 (Power Attack) = Bleh

The trent's response was a beat, slow, but one branch swung out. The unsettling thing was that it had no mouth, so it couldn't roar, only groaning of branches and the rush of air as the thick branch struck out. Fortunately it's strike just missed the smaller fighter.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7+4

[Witchy]

Witchy could only stare at the trent as it approched, taking a few steps back to put some distence between it and her. "S-snowball!" She stuttered, fumbleing with the spell, making it fizzle out before anything could happen.
Yellow 13 rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2+1

"Trees hate cold, right?" Nighty grinned. He ran off before waiting for an answer, a silver tendril coiling around his blade. He ducked to the opposite side from Kaze and stabbing at the trunk. The tendril lashed out at the impact and a burst of ice snapped out sharply.
Nighty rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20+2, DC18+5 crit bonus
Trent rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9+7 Stunned, Injured, Bruised

[Kaze]
Power wasn't much use if she couldn't hit her target, as much as she disgruntled the ground a bit, she pondered backing off the damage. But... it was a really big tree...
Her sword flashed about in her grip as she tried an upward slash instead from where her previous swing had landed her.
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6 =Swishswishswish, death to the air.

The Trent trembled, branches recoiling and shying away from the ice even as it chipped and flaked away.

[Witchy]
Witchy was having a hard time focusing. Her spells kept fizzleing out well before they left her hand. This one went a little further though. By about 5 feet before it uselessly lost all momentum.
Attack: http://orokos.com/roll/334648

Nighty hopped back, then thrust forward sharply, sword leading, magic swirling around it, a cry on his lips. "PIKE!"

The strike was true and the shockwave of magic washed over the large form as his blade sank through bark and came out with yellow green sap. Unfortunately, it had too much sheer mass to it to do anything more that, and the wound even seemed to close as he watched.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14 DC19
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5+8 = 13 Stunned (again...), bruised, injured

The tree didn't appear to be doing anything, so Kazelynn's urgency was at an all time low as she looked at her sword in mild frustration, tapping the blade and wondering what was going on. Apparently she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn let alone a tree.
She then just sighed and lunged in again, appearing half-hearted but no less strength thrown in behind it. And her sword was quickly hilted into the ground. She was about to ragequit.
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6

Trent... was still.... Look, I can't read tree facial expressions. Especially when they don't have a face! I don't even know if it has a brain to try and figure out what it's thinking! It just stood there... which was actually the most tree like thing it did since this fight started... seriously... trees don't attack people!

[Witchy]

Witchy closed her eyes. "Come on, why isn't this working? I can hit this thing..." She said, psyching herself up as she let loose with another frost spell, hitting it square on for once. Maybe it helped that she aimed up this time to hit middle of it?
http://orokos.com/roll/334652
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10+8 Injured

"Short stuff! I'm gonna try and distract it! Make with the epic swordplay already!" Nighty quickly hopped a few steps back and wove a spell before letting it lash out at the tree. "Te: Gaudens!"

The spell, designed to tickle the pleasure centers and trigger a certain event, washed over the tree and nothing happened. Well, not nothing, a few flowers bloomed on it's branches. Nighty blinked. "Well... ain't right..."
[Sensations: FAILED]

"Really?" Witchy asked incrediously, gesticulating for emphisis. "You're using THAT spell?! Aginst a tree!?"

"I... what...?" Kazelynn was yet again lost for words. Just what the hell was going on?

"Well excuse me, Princess!" Nighty snapped, trying to process what happened. "How was I supposed to know that the damn think walking around attacking us doesn't do that? Haven't you heard of dryads?"

Witchy just facepalmed in response. "When we get done with this, remind me why I put up with you sometimes."

"What is... what..." Kazelynn, still fumbling to understand, was starting to wonder if she shouldn't just bail out now before insanity manifested and chomped her whole.
She chose to blindly swing her sword instead, hoping it might somehow bring some sense to all of this. The sword went flying out of her hands and disappeared into thin air.
"Yep, I think I'm done." Kazelynn said with a jaded expression, putting her hands on her hips.
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3

"That spell was part of it, considering what you said last time," Nighty sassed back. The branch arms of the tree slowly rose into the air, held stiff above it's 'head'. Nighty blinked and grinned. "Hey! It did do something! It just took him till now to-"

The branches snapped down and slammed into the ground, the earth itself shattering and tearing appart as the shockwave ripped through it.
Area Burst: DC 16 reflex to half (sans feat), DC21 nonlethal, Knockback 3, difficult terrain
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12+6=18 + Evasion = Woo!
http://orokos.com/roll/334663 ow. Thrown 25 feet away. Prone, Stunned and bruised
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1+3 reflex fail
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15+4 19

Kaze rode the shockwave like it was a stiff breeze, twirling about in the air, arms folded looking jaded as hell, and neatly landed like stuff all had happened.

Witchy screamed as she was thrown off the ground, landing hard, stars filling her vision.

The shockwave slammed into Nighty, tossed stones striking his armour hard in places, but he managed to protect himself from the worse of it. He spread his wings and flew to Witchy's side though, she having come out far worse. "Dammit! This thing goes from laughable to that in one move?"

His spell list ran through his thoughts at light speed and he narrowed it to two choices, then to one in a moment, holding his hand over her and willing the power of a certain onery high wind spirit into her. "Tui: Beo Zephrus!"
Mage Armour [4Rounds]
[Cast: Boost regeneration: bruised +3, injured +6, fades 1per round]

"We might need a little help with this one," Nighty grimaced. "Short Stuff! You okay?"

Kazelynn freed up a hand to wave Nighty off with the same aloofness as she regarded the tree, before bringing the hand to lips and letting out a shrill whistle to get the tree's attention.
"Hey! Dandelion! You missed one!" Kazelynn called a little grumpily, extending her hand out and her sword sprouting out from it again. She leveled the blade with the tree and narrowed her eyes, as though marking it for death. Or perhaps she was marking her sword for death, it was hard to tell. Both justifiable.
[Aim Action]

The Trent hesitated again, but swung one of it's hammer like trunk limbs at her, but it's aim was again less than ideal and Kaze was able to evade without too much issue.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9+4 13

"I'm fine too Nighty, thanks for asking!" Witchy snarked back, getting to her feet and made a fist. "Ironskin! That wasn't fun. Let's not have that happen again, shall we?"
Witchy used: White magic array, Ironskin. +4 protection (or player level cap)

"Oh, it was nothing casting Recovery on you," Nighty countered, snapping his fingers and conjuring a score or so of sparking balls in the air. Though simple, Arcane missile still remained one of his most powerful spells. "If this doesn't work, we are so screwed..."

"Te: Telum Fulgar!" he snapped, tossing the numerous bolts of gathered electricity at the tree. They pelted it alright, but the tree didn't seem to notice. At least... look, I might be the voice of god, pretty much, but it has no eyes! Cut me some slack!
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14+4 18
18 - 9 = 9; +4DC
DC19+4
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19+8 = Rain? This is hardly a drizzle. It wouldn't even give my stamens the sniffles!

"Yeah," Nighty said with inappropriate cheer. "We need help."

[Strike like the Wind!]
There was no fanfare, Kaze just swung her sword with all the frustration she had built up.
Her moment to compose herself paid off. She hit.
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4+5 =9
DC: 23

And her blade bounced off the bark without leaving a mark. Wait, that's not true. I think I saw a chip fly off when the blow landed. Still, she did get an awesome anime like 'drifting leaves' moment.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20+8

The tree ignored Kaze. Instead, on of it's head branches bent back, then snapped, and one of the fruits hit Nighty on the chest plate.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14 DC18, DC12 fort vs Nauseate
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8+4 12 Injured
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18+1 Pass

"Moondust! That stung," Nighty yelped. "It has range too? What bastard made this thing!?"
//oh the irony x3

[Witchy]
Witchy bit into her lip and invited Sunder to the party, along with a simple request. "Fighting a giant monster tree. Need help. Brb, will probbaly die if you're not here." She messeged him and looked to everyone else. "Who's hurt, what do you need?" She said, deciding to give up on her own attacks since they couldn't do anything.

"Well isnt this great, i leave you for 2 hours and already your in trouble" sunder joked "What do can i do from here?"

Nighty spawned up another mess of missiles before blasting the tree again. "Te: Telum Fulgar!"
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15+4, DC19+3 autofire
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3+8 Stunned, Injured, Bruised

[Kaze]
Kaze couldn't do much else, as much as she needed to investigate armour-breaking skills, now wasn't the time. So she just her sword like usual.
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17+7 24 [Dammit chatzy!]

The injuries the tree acquired slowly started regenerating.

"Oh not much. If you could get over here and help us, that'd be great. We're kinda getting our ass kicked here." Witchy said, forcing her voice to remain calm.

"Youve ether been walking for 2 hours or this is a very long battle" Sunder snarked "Unless theres a way to teliport me, and my friend here Medow Lark."

"Witchy, darling," Night commented, voice dripping with sarcasm. "You wouldn't happen to be on the phone right now, would you? Not with the new play Revenge of the Horticulture going on."

"Tell me you have some kind of teleportation spell I don't know about, dearest husband," Witchy said smiling all too sweetly. "I've got a friend that needs a lift."

"Really? You want me to- wait, someone who can help in the fight?" Nighty switched tracks. "I teleported us here. With more power I can get to the city and back with passengers. Short Stuff! Temporary Tactical Retreat!"

Nighty charged up his new spell. Hopefully the trial run would work fine. Sparks of lightly danced around his body and his arm as he drew components fromt wo extant spells to compose the new.

"Te!" Bands of lightning jumped between the small orbs and his arm, dancing between his fingers. He swung his arm and the orbs launched forth, dragging and leading lancing bolts of lightning that struck the tree, leaping over it's form, chasing each other between the cage the orbs formed.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9+4: 13 +2 Autofire
DC: 16 Fort Paralyze
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18 REJECTED

The Trent swung it's arms and the dancing lightning effect was ripped apart. Nighty wasn't sure if it was because the spell failed or if it was over powered. "Short Stuff...!?"

[Kaze]
And then Kaze broke space and time and destroyed the world. Or at least she wanted to.
This tree was annoying, and she could do naught but poke it with a pointy object.
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20 + 8.... Dammit trent.

The Trent was swung it's trunk arms again, aiming once more for the nuisance at it's roots.
Dusky rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11+4
DC15+8 non lethal
blazinvire rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13+1=Deflect Fail
blazinvire Toughness rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4+4=8 Unconscious...

The Trunk's massive attack sent Kaze hurdling away and into the tree line with a crush of branches and bushes. [Knockback, 100ft.]
[rollnotice]
Nighty 11+4=15: Kaze looked limb. Like she wasn't conscious

"Gottagogottago!" Witchy said to Sunder in a panic and rushed over, as fast as she could run to get to Kaze's side.
full move action, get to Kaze's side.
[can't make it, but the trent is slow, still, two rounds to make it.]

The Trent's lumbering pace was far from able to match their fleet movements, and Nighty with his wings was able to close the distance long before Witchy made it, and by the time she did, he was already casting his recovery spell, boosting Kaze's healing ability.
[Boost regen: Unconcious +3, recovery+3, Bruise +3]
http://orokos.com/roll/335009 : 22

"Witchy... you said you had friends? Can you get them to head to the West Gate? Same place I picked you up?" Night asked as soon as Witchy was close enough.

"Will do," Withy said and got back into chat. "Sunder? Yeah, head to the WEST gate of town. Okay? We'll do the rest."

"Watchy, watch over Short Stuff. Short Stuff? Keep Witchy from doing something stupid, reckless or both," Nighty said, getting up even as Kaze roused. His augmented armour had steady faded away, but he didn't renew it yet. He ran a finger on the gem set in his brace."Lune; as your light watches, wards and guides, may your tear bless..."

The gem glowed and a stream of white and blue light wafted from it, weaving around Nighty's form before steady steeping in, filling his mana reserves and increasing his power. His eyes turned solid white and a horn of concentrated magic formed on his forehead. He didn't waste time reveling in the euphoric rush. "Mei: Campe Aura."

He vanished in a brilliant flash.

"Hey!" She yelled as she watched Nighty run off.

Not long after Kazelynn's eyes fluttered open again did she suddenly float to her feet like she was picked up by some phantasmal force, still looking rather jaded but her eyes might as well have been on fire.
"I hate this tree. I am going to cut it," Kazelynn said in a matter-of-fact tone as she brought her hand up to call her sword into being once again.
She brought it about and held the blade above her at the ready; She'd let this tree come to her, see how well it fought trying to hit her around other trees.
[Total Defense] [Deflect Setup]
// the trent makes a weaird creeking sound, suddenly the 4 trees around kaze spring to life. Could you imagin if grey gave it friends x3.
//now that you've said it, of course Grey's going to give it friends =.=
//give it summon minions... grew Trentettes
Greycat
Greycat
Dark Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: