Avar Kimu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium]

4 posters

Go down

Winner

Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium] I_vote_lcap67%Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium] I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium] I_vote_lcap33%Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium] I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium] I_vote_lcap0%Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium] I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium] Empty Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium]

Post by Greycat Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:51 am

First Challenge I'm posting. Simple enough. A wielder of Fire and Ice. The trick: the two are opposing forces, so your array must reflect that fact. Exactly how is up to you, but note that they should not be dynamic without a drawback of some sort.

Build with a PL 6 Character in mind.

Challenge Issue: January 26th [North America]
Entries Due:  January 30th

::EDIT::

Rewards: 2Hero Points

Note: Post notice of entry here.

Last edited by Greycat on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Greycat
Greycat
Dark Emperor

https://avarkimu.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium] Empty Re: Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium]

Post by blazinvire Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:56 am

Because I love pads, I built Pyrefrost in a pad; used 66pp
http://titanpad.com/Ks3EoQlMij

blazinvire
Tourist

Back to top Go down

Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium] Empty Re: Challenge: Fire and Ice [Array // Medium]

Post by Irbynx Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:48 pm

My humble entry, if the version that lacks arrays can be allowed (arrays make this one just needlessly complex)

Pyromancy: [-2 range touch][+1 area cone][-1 fading] IGNITE [1 PP/Rank]
Cryomancy: [+1 area cone] DRAIN CONSTITUTION [Slow fade 4][+0 LINKED][-1 personal][+2 reaction (constitution drained)] BOOST PYROMANCY [1 PP power loss: boost doesn't work in severely cold enviroments due to lack of heat to consume, assuming it hits not a single warm target][4 PP/Rank]

Total costs:
Pyromancy 5 (5)
Cryomancy 4 (16)
Power Feats and drawbacks 4 and 1 (3)
Total: 24
Irbynx
Irbynx
Tourist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellow 13 Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:50 pm

90 points total

Pyromancy: Blast (flamethrower. Fear effect applied a well. Becuase when people areon fire, they o what anyone that's on fire does. Namely: Not being on fire anymore.), strike (burning hands)
Low damage, multi targets.

Cryomancy: Blast (Ice spike,), strike (Ice word made out of frozen water vapor) Snare (icy tomb)
Single target, high damage

Breakdown
Elemental control (fire) 15 (blasts)
Elemental control (Ice) 15 (blasts)
Emotion control 1 (Fear only) Available when using Fire.
Snare 4 (encasing the target in ice, rendering them immobile. Also quite frozen) Only available when using ice
Strike 6 (three for fire, three for ice. Burning touch or chilling touch.)

Total: 46

Drawbacks: Due to the nature of the character, only one of the power sets can be used at one time. Usually they switch on a daily basis. IE: fire, ice, fire, ice, etc.

Yellow 13
Tourist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum